Applied Acoustic Engineering is a manufacturer of high value marine related electronic-acoustic products with a global distributor network and an international client base.
We are located close to beautiful beaches and on the edge of the Broads National Park and are surrounded by pretty villages and market towns. The fine city of Norwich, with its many cultural attractions and excellent University and Science Park, is within easy commuting distance.
Employees enjoy competitive salaries in a pleasant working environment with training and career advancement opportunities. All job openings will be at our site in Great Yarmouth though some opportunities involve working overseas for short periods.
The company offers a substantial benefits package including;
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays (starting and increasing with time served);
- Admission to the company pension scheme and
- Profit related bonus.
For any job openings listed please send us your CV with an accompanying letter outlining your suitability, aptitude and the skills you have that match our requirements.
Please send this to the Personnel Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send by post to; Applied Acoustic Engineering Limited, Marine House, Marine Park, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, NR31 0NB, UK.
Further opportunities in the Group may be listed on Applied Acoustics’ sister company website www.modulustechnology.com/careers
Job Title: Product Line Specialist – Marine Geophysics/Sub-bottom Profiling
This Product Line Specialist position is now filled (15/06/20). Many thanks to all applicants.
June 30th 2020
Job Title: Design Firmware / Software Engineer
Reporting to: Group Technical Manager
We are looking for an experienced signal processing Software/Firmware Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a ‘hands-on’ attitude and have at least 2 years’ experience working with DSP systems, and preferably 3 years of experience of software development in a commercial environment, however academic experience may be counted if working within research groups.
The role crosses all of our product lines for the development of new algorithms and equipment. This includes development of positioning algorithms and acoustic modems for a mix of high data rate, and low power systems.
- A strong background in signals processing
- Experience with programming in embedded C/C++ DSP platforms (ideally including TI C6000 devices)
- Experience of coding in a resource constrained processor
- Experience of scripting languages (Matlab, or Python)
- Experience of coding FPGAs (either in Verilog or VHDL)
- Understanding of Schematics
- Understanding of source control (preferably git)
Nice to have
- Experience of Acoustic Systems (preferably underwater)
- Experience of programming in C#
- Experience of Linux (ideally including platform bring-up)
- Experience of build utilities, and optimisation analysis
- Understanding of Agile/Sprint methodologies
- Understanding of Unit testing, and Continuous Improvement
Job Title: Electronics Assembly Technician – Production Department
This Electronics Assembly Technician position is now filled (07/08/20). Many thanks to all applicants
Job Title: Trainee / Graduate Electronics Test Engineer – Production Department
This Trainee/ Graduate Electronics Test Engineer position is now filled (07/08/20). Many thanks to all applicants
All these opportunities are open until filled so we look forward to hearing from all candidates interested in these roles.
Adam Darling, Managing Director.
June 30th 2020
Notice relating to recruitment companies: It is the policy of all business units within the AAE Technologies Group not to engage the services of recruitment agencies. Unsolicited approaches from such agencies will not be entertained under any circumstances.