Applied Acoustic Engineering is a manufacturer of high value marine related electronic-acoustic products with a global distributor network and an international client base.
We are located close to beautiful beaches and on the edge of the Broads National Park and are surrounded by pretty villages and market towns. The fine city of Norwich, with its many cultural attractions and excellent University and Science Park, is within easy commuting distance.
Employees enjoy competitive salaries in a pleasant working environment with training and career advancement opportunities. All job openings will be at our site in Great Yarmouth though some opportunities involve working overseas for short periods.
The company offers a substantial benefits package including;
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays (starting and increasing with time served)
- Admission to the company pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
For any job openings listed please send us your CV with an accompanying letter outlining your suitability, aptitude and the skills you have that match our requirements.
Please send this to the Personnel Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further opportunities in the Group may be listed on Applied Acoustics’ sister company website www.modulustechnology.com/careers
Job Title: Design Firmware / Software Engineer
Reporting to: Group Technical Manager
We are looking for an experienced signal processing Software/Firmware Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a ‘hands-on’ attitude and have at least 2 years’ experience working with DSP systems, and preferably 3 years of experience of software development in a commercial environment, however academic experience may be counted if working within research groups.
The role crosses all of our product lines for the development of new algorithms and equipment. This includes development of positioning algorithms and acoustic modems for a mix of high data rate, and low power systems.
- A strong background in signals processing
- Experience with programming in embedded C/C++ DSP platforms (ideally including TI C6000 devices)
- Experience of coding in a resource constrained processor
- Experience of scripting languages (Matlab, or Python)
- Experience of coding FPGAs (either in Verilog or VHDL)
- Understanding of Schematics
- Understanding of source control (preferably git)
Nice to have:
- Experience of Acoustic Systems (preferably underwater)
- Experience of programming in C#
- Experience of Linux (ideally including platform bring-up)
- Experience of build utilities, and optimisation analysis
- Understanding of Agile/Sprint methodologies
- Understanding of Unit testing, and Continuous Improvement
Job Title: Assembly Technician
Reporting to: Production Manager
This role will be to work supporting the production technicians in delivering the highest quality mechanical, electrical and electronic sub-assemblies that become the core of the complex range of underwater products.
Primary duties will include:
- Preparing electrical assemblies for PU (polyurethane) moulding
- PU moulding and finishing
Secondary duties will include:
- Preparation of housing assemblies for pressure test
- Parts kitting and box builds
- Cable assembly
- Working accurately to CAD assembly drawing packs
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be willing to learn, engineering based experience and qualification would be an advantage but full training would be given. We work on assemblies including precision mechanical, mouldings, electrical and electronic wiring and electronic PCB’s. Awareness of health and safety, technical drawings and document change control beneficial.
Experience with the following would be an advantage although for the right candidate the company will facilitate all necessary appropriate training required to carry out these duties.
- PU moulding
- Able to interpret technical drawings
- Mechanical assemblies
- Wiring assemblies
- Soldering assemblies
- Knowledge at user level of MS office
Application Deadline: 06/12/2020
Expected Start Date: 03/01/2021
All these opportunities are open until filled so we look forward to hearing from all candidates interested in these roles.
Adam Darling, Managing Director.
Notice relating to recruitment companies: It is the policy of all business units within the AAE Technologies Group not to engage the services of recruitment agencies. Unsolicited approaches from such agencies will not be entertained under any circumstances.