Easytrak is an Ultra Short Baseline (USBL) underwater positioning and tracking system centred on a multi-element, single transducer that transmits and receives acoustic signals to dynamic subsea targets from which range, bearing and depth information can be determined.
As a full system package, Easytrak has been specifically designed to overcome the difficulties of tracking underwater targets such as divers, ROV’s, AUV’s and tow-fish which operate out of sight beneath the water surface. As the name suggests, rapid deployment and ease of operation ensures that even novice users can commence tracking within minutes of set up. The innovative, compact design incorporates an impressive amount of features, providing stable and accurate tracking for a variety of subsea tasks.
The ‘family’ of systems manufactured cover applications from professional high accuracy positioning to low cost quick deployments. They can be supplied with a range of target beacons from small lightweight units that can be charged from a mobile phone, to long-term deployable transponders incorporating acoustic release functionality.
- All operational equipment, hardware and software
- Integral pitch, roll and heading sensors to compensate for vessel movement
- GPS receiving software
- Robust, lightweight enclosures
- Intuitive control software, bringing the confidence of professional USBL systems to a wide operator base
- Track multiple targets simultaneously
- Track horizontally, enabling the location of floating targets e.g. AUV retrieval
- Operate in diverse applications with universal appeal
- Offer a versatility in system configuration that is second to none
- Operate AAE Acoustic Release Beacons (Pyxis, Nexus 2 and Lite)
Five versions of commercial USBL systems are available, from the entry level Easytrak Alpha and Alpha Portable systems through to the Pyxis INS + USBL system, a highly advanced inertially aided tracking system capable of achieving very long ranges with an extremely high level of accuracy. Building on AAE’s reputation for innovation, ingenuity and flexibility, many of the system components are modular, allowing highly effective tracking systems to be configured to suit all budgets, projects and performance requirements.