With their high source levels and options of narrow beam patterns, 1000 Series Fatboy beacons are ideal for deep water operations, noisy and acoustically challenging environments and applications requiring long operating ranges.
Fatboy transponders incorporate Spread Spectrum coding allowing extremely stable and reliable performance, whilst maintaining a compatibility with almost all of the industry’s other standard USBL systems. Charging and programming are achieved using the 1082 Smart Switch, removing the necessity for mechanical switches on the beacon’s end cap.
- Spread Spectrum Technology
- Externally configurable for use as Transponder, Responder or Pinger
- Industry standard 5-pin connector
- Onboard fast charger for typical 8 hour charge time
- Directional or omni-directional
- Digital Spread Spectrum telemetry option for confirmation of accurate beacon depth (D suffix)
- Survival depth to 4000m as standard
|Model number||Beam pattern||SPL||Survival depth|
Excellent in very noisy environments such as deep water ROV tracking or sub-sea ploughing (cable burying)