The 10t Release Frame offers a new method of wirelessly separating an underwater load from its crane. By using acoustics, rather than divers or ROVs with cutting equipment, this method has the potential to both reduce risk and save time.
The Release Frame consists of a heavy duty strong back and lever system that amplifies the load capability of an Applied Acoustics’ 529P release beacon, and a standard AAE surface control unit, typically a 3510 PAM Portable. Once the load is in position a remote acoustic signal received from the surface unit triggers the hinged hook to open releasing the load, allowing the frame unit itself to be recovered in its entirety for re-use.
Useful for bight release applications in the cable laying and repair industry, this acoustic release frame is also suited for coastal construction operations on wind farm sites, lowering work baskets or other subsea structures, separating lift bags from their loads or as method of marking subsea infrastructures that are at risk of damage from surface activity.
- 10 tonne release capability
- Commanded by 3510 PAM, 2520 PAM, Easytrak Lite and Nexus USBL
- Positive lever drive-off with load assist release
- Upgrade option for existing 529P release beacons
- Cable work operations, bight release
- Crane and winch wire detachment
- Submerged buoy recovery
- Complementary to lift bag operations